Sunday 3 February 2013

Daybreak the 59th

aka Handspun Daybreak
Pattern: Daybreak by Stephen West
Yarn: 200gr hand spun Bluefaced Leicester fibre, hand dyed in light to dark gradient blue and yellow

This was one of my very first spinning efforts, and dyeing it too, for that matter. I think the colours came out a little too bright - the blue should have been more stormy grey and the yellow only goes dark golden right at the very end, but it was lovely to knit and oddly enough, it looks better on than it does when you just look at it. Maybe it's the contrast with skin tones or something. It's also very lovely and soft.



Having finished that, I've picked up another stripey number that I started on late last year. 
It is inspired by this kit from french shop Elle Tricote:

              Although the original looks fantastic in the Noro yarn, I had some lovely swedish yarn waiting to be made into something, and I thought the pattern would look nice in a more monochrome colour way. I also thought that the sweater would be more flattering for me with the chevrons pointing downwards. I couldn't find the pattern I had in mind anywhere, but with a little help from the magic of ravelry forums, we figured out how to transform a cardigan pattern into a pullover.



                    
What I've got here is a gigantic knit in the round square. Once the points reach my required length for the arms, I will add small triangles in strategic places and they will somehow form sides and seperate sleeves. Don't ask me how, but I'll keep you posted!




No comments:

Post a Comment