Monday 21 January 2013

Snow day!!

I . love. snow.
I've discovered that I crave snow in the way that some people crave sun and sunny holidays. And we finally got a proper amount on Friday, a proper, beautiful, couldn't-get-to-work-even-if-I-wanted-to, foot deep layer of snow. Snow has the ability to make everything look soft and breathtaking, even the big cities, so out here in our valley, it really made it a winter wonderland.

 
                                

And what better way to spend the afternoon after a walk in the snow than curled up indoors with several cats, mugs of tea and woolly knitting? Since I had been distracted by mittens and legwarmers last week, I finally got a chance to make a bit more progress on my Celestarium - nearly through chart E now! only GIGANTIC chart F to go, and probably a 1200-stitch-per-row border, but lets not worry about that now. It is terribly pretty though.

And for something slightly less intense, I cast on yet another Daybreak , possibly my absolute favourite pattern of all time. I think this is the 7th I've done....it just works so well with so many yarns. This was actually my first attempt at dyeing fibre, and one of the very first yarns I spun when I got my wheel last year - I think it's BFL fibre, or possibly merino. Knitting with hand spun feels completely different: the yarn is constantly changeing and the texture is something completely different, it's really exciting!







No comments:

Post a Comment